Monday, August 6, 2007

A Bit About Bustin' Ass

Today a guy asked em where I got the energy to manage a graphic design firm that creates 4 publications weekly, manage a web design company, and run my own business, Goatsmilktavern Stusios. I gave him some spill about it being about the "end goal". I have thought about his question all day and would like to thank him for forcing me to reflect on the topic of "bustin' ass". The true answer is love of what I do and ambition. I would like to talk about the effort involved in design and SEO.

The job of a designer is to constantly study, surf the web and notice cool things and effective things. You can never stop improving your trade, I don't know everything, and I know that. I don't think I will ever know everything, but I am always willing to learn. Designers should spend a little time everyday in the many tutorial sites across the web trying to learn a new trick everyday. This goes for print design and web design.

SEO is a different creature all together. Your job as a SEO provider is never done, rankings change hundreds of times each day. At 5pm I had the top 2 positions for "new orleans seo" and 2 minutes ago one of my SEO pages fell to page 3. I will work on it, that is what we do. SEO is a constant battle and you need to strap in whenever one of you pages falls behind and pull it up.

In the world of design and SEO, hard work and constant education can go a long way, never get complacent. Technology and methods are constantly changing, if you stop to breathe for a minute, you may get lost.

Read industry blogs and participate in the community, become part of the movements ahead. People will begin to recognize your name, and if your input is valued then so are you.

Keep "bustin' ass" and your efforts will pay-off.

Add to: | del.cio.us | digg

No comments: